Monday, June 2, 2008

Measure Up Monday - Week 9

Well, I just realized that I never put up a Joke Friday post. I could probably make excuses about being too busy, but really I just plain forgot, sorry. I did have a productive weekend though. The pool is opened (thanks Jeff!), the filter is up an running, the air conditioners are installed in the windows, and the new window blinds are hung. And just in time too. It feels like summer may have arrived today.


Last weekend we enjoyed a short getaway in downtown Chicago. We stayed at the newly rennovated Blackstone hotel that is now a Marriott Renaissance. It was nice, the rooms are completely refurbished, with modern bathroom facilites, HD flat panel TV, and a nice comfy bed. Our room had a nice, if somewhat obstructed, view of Buckingham Fountain, and the lake. We could see and hear the fireworks on the lake Sunday night. However, the rooms are still the size of turn of the century hotel rooms, small by today's standards. We had a problem with the air conditioner not working, but they fixed it by the time it got cold out Monday night. :) We had a yummy breakfast at Yolk, and sampled Oprah's favorite pizza at Pizano's. I think Oprah needs to try a few more pizzas before declaring a favorite. We visited Buckingham Fountain, which I don't think we've done since the kids were little, and also took a double decker bus tour of the city, which turns out to be a great way to see the city from a perspective that you can't enjoy while driving the streets dodging pedestrians. After completing 1½ loops, we exited our bus tour near the water tower, and walked over to Rush street to find an outdoor table where we could have a drink and appetizers. We settled on delicious guacamole and quesadillas at Mexx. Their sangria and margaritas were excellent too. Afterwards, we walked the 2.1 miles back to the hotel, which Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time. We were footsore, and I needed a nap by the time we got back to our room. I woke up hungry after my nap, and we went over to Kitty O'Shea's in the Hilton, to hear some Irish music and share a couple more appetizers. In all, we had a very pleasant weekend. Thank you to Jen & Paul for getting us the Marriott discount that made the whole thing affordable.

But that isn't what this post is about. This post is about reporting in on the progress of my quest to lose 20 pounds in 10 weeks. I was a little worried earlier in the week, what with indulging in margaritas et al on our weekend getaway, but I'm pleased to report that I didn't totally blow it. I'm only down 1 pound this week, but I'm happy with that result. We're going away again this coming weekend, so taking off that last 2 pounds in the next week is going to be a challenge.

DateWeightGain/LossUpper WaistLower Waist
3/31/08237---48.543.5
4/7/08232-548.543.0
4/14/08
4/21/08230-247.542.0
4/28/08228-247.542.0
5/05/08226-246.542.5
5/12/08226 046.542.0
5/19/08222 -445.541.5
5/26/08220 -245.041.5
6/02/08219 -144.541.5

No comments: