Thursday, June 12, 2008

Measure Up Monday - Special Edition

At the end of March, at a weight of 237 pounds, I announced a goal to lose 20 pounds in 10 weeks. Sticking to an eating plan that would allow that to happen has been a challenge. Initially, I counted every calorie, but after a while, I got to where I knew how much food I could eat, and still stay on track. In fact, as I got used to eating less, my stomach seemed to feel full sooner, and I would use that cue to know when to stop eating a restaurant meal before I finished it. I've done without a lot of things I like. I can't remember the last time I ate a Big Mac. But I've also still enjoyed pizza night, birthday cakes, and the occasional libation.

So, after 73 days, I'm happy to announce that when I stepped on the scale today, it read 217 pounds.

I celebrated with a Big Mac for lunch.
No fries with that.

No comments: