Monday, October 14, 2013

Sabbatical Wrapup

It's hard to believe that it has been over 4 months since I posted about looking forward to my sabbatical, and even harder to believe that it is now almost over. In just 7 days I must return to the working world. During the past 7 weeks I spent 35 days travelling and 14 days at home. I visited 5 countries, spanned 16 time zones, and traveled over 40,000 miles including more than 4,000 by car. It sounds like Phil's wrap up statement to the winners of The Amazing Race, and although I wasn't racing every minute was truly amazing. Good weather followed me everywhere, planes trains and automobiles all cooperated, and except for a short period of sniffles I stayed healthy the whole time. I enjoyed good food, good times, and spectacular sights. According to the scale, I maybe enjoyed a little too much good food, but I'm confident that resuming my weight management program will return me to my pre-sabbatical weight. It has all been a great and rewarding experience. I wish everyone could do something like this.

No comments: