Thursday, February 5, 2009

1 Year of Blogging

Today is my unofficial blog anniversary. Tomorrow is the actual anniversary date of my first post, but since last year was a leap year, my blog is really 365 days old today.

When I started this blog, I wasn't sure how far I would go with it. I have a reputation for starting a new interest, obsessing intensely about it for a while, and then abandoning it when a new interest comes along. Some would say this is a manifestation of my Gemini astrological sign.

So it's kind of surprising that I've been at this for a whole year now. Another surprise is how much I've had to say. I am not known to be a very communicative person, and in fact many of my blog posts are quite terse. So I guess it's not really how much I had to say, as much as how often. In the past 365 days I have made 160 blog posts, for an average of 1 post every 2.3 days. Once someone jokingly said my blog was boring because all I ever post about is my weight. While it's true that my weight is the largest single category of posts, 77% of my posts were on other topics. Here is a list of general categories:

Category# of Posts
Weight37
Travel33
Music24
Jokes22
Web Links8
Mackinaw Race5
Other30

Happy bloggiversary to me. Watch tomorrow for my first new YouTube video in 5 weeks.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Congrats on your 1 year blogiversary! Since you started on a leap year, then technically you get 2 blogiversaries this year, right? And as a fellow blogger, I thought I should remind you of the ritual and standard blogiversary post - 101 Things About Me. For reference, here is a link: http://runningcuckoo.blogspot.com/2007/07/its-my-blogiversary.html

You don't have to follow that same format, you simply have to post 101 Things about yourself. Easy enough! Enjoy your blogiversary!