Monday, January 19, 2009

Measure Up Monday++

OK, the holidays and the Vegas trip are over, so now it's time to get back to the business of getting fit. I had been maintaining for a few months before the holidays, and then took about a month off from any kind of weight watching with the expectation that I was going to put some of the weight back on. So today I'm reporting my current weight and waist for a new beginning of my Measure Up Monday program. I'd really like to get under 200 by spring but let's see how it goes.

DateWeightGain/LossUpper WaistLower Waist
01/19/09216+++43.041.0


In other news...
I was recently asked to give some advice to my nephew about choosing an acoustic 12 string guitar. So I spent some time researching them online to see what brands and models were available and for what prices. Then I suggested a couple that were in his budget with the recommendation that he go try them out to see if he liked their sound and feel.

However, I also have often thought I'd like to own a 12 string, and the research I did for my nephew rekindled my interest. So yesterday I went out guitar shopping. I visited a couple of different stores, and tried out several different 12's by Martin, Ovation, and others but the Taylor's renowned playability and sparkling tone won me over. Watch for it in my next video.

No comments: