Wednesday, January 7, 2009

CES - Las Vegas Trip Report

I am at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. The show starts tomorrow, but Janet and I came down a few days early to enjoy some vacation time away from the cold of Chicago. Trouble is, it was in the low 40's when we got here so we aren't all that far away from the cold.

The trip getting here was an adventure. We had confirmed upgrades on a 5:30pm flight, but that flight had already been delayed by 45 minutes, and we were concerned about missing our connecting flight in Denver, so we accepted standby seats on a earlier flight. Unfortunately the standby seats were not in first, and not even in economy plus, and not even on the window or aisle, and not even on the same sides of the plane! We were each assigned a middle seat on opposite sides of the aisle. However, a nice UA flight attendant that was seated at the window next to me offered her seat up so Janet could sit next to me. That was a very kind thing for her to do.

We arrived in Denver with plenty of time to make our connection, but our originally scheduled flight left Chicago an hour late, so I really think we would have been sorry had we waited and kept our comfy upgraded seats.

We spent 2 nights here at the Venetian hotel before moving to Caesar's Palace today for the CES event. While at the Venetian we met up with Colleen for dinner Tuesday night and lunch today. Colleen is running into some problems getting her company's booth ready for the show, but I'll let her blog about it when she gets a chance.

The gaming was going OK the first day with some modest wins, but turned around on me the next day, putting me in the red for the trip so far. But we're having fun!

I'll try to post an update in a couple of days.

No comments: