Friday, September 23, 2022

Rise of the Resistance

 Rise Of The Resistance is the VERY popular new attraction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. It's so popular that one of the entry options is to pay $15 to schedule an Individual Lightning Lane Selection to ride it without waiting 2+ hours in the standby lane. Another option is to arrive when the park opens early for resort guests. I chose this option which meant I was up today at 5:30 AM to be at the campground bus stop in time for the first bus to Hollywood Studios so I could stand in line outside the gates with hundreds of other people until they let us in at about 7:50 AM. 

Waiting to enter the park

It didn’t matter if you didn’t know where Rise of the Resistance was, you were swept along with the tide of people heading in that direction. You wouldn't believe the grown men knocking down 10 year olds to secure a place near the front of the line. (Just kidding, I only knocked over one.😉)

My early morning maneuvers paid off. I  literally walked through the winding queue lanes and right on to the ride. When I exited, the standby wait time was already up to 95 minutes.

Walking up to the entrance

The Rise of the Resistance experience is fantastic.  It's amazingly realistic, and the cast members do a pretty good job of staying in character. I don't want to spoil it for anybody, but the shuttle ride back to Batuu was thrilling!  If you visit, you don't want to miss this attraction!


Realistic Stormtroopers



2 comments:

Jeannie said...

That's dedication! 5:30 am to stand in line! Glad it was worth it!

Colleen said...

I find it entertaining that you woke up at 5:30am, to get into the park 2 hours later at 7:50am, so that you could avoid the 2 hour wait later in the day ;) (for the record I did that also for the Avatar ride years ago, but it did NOT work in my favor - we still had a 2+ hour wait, despite our early arrival to the park opening).