Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Convention Wrap

I intended to do a post convention update a lot sooner after my return, but you know what they say about good intentions. The convention wrapped up on Thursday night with an entertaining concert by Sting and Adam Levine, but the surprise hit of the evening was the rendition of Con Te Partiro by the winning Voice of McDonald's contestant Lucila Ospitia that brought everyone to their feet.

Before
After
Booth tear down occurs on Friday, and since I wasn't flying home until Sunday I volunteered to stay late on Friday to help complete the tear down and pack up. It always amazes me that an exhibit that takes a week to set up can be taken apart so quickly, but we started at 7 am on Friday and by 3 pm the only thing left to do was fork lift the crates and pallets to the truck dock.


I checked out of the Rosen Centre Friday and spent the weekend at Disney's Beach Club Resort. The accomodations were excellent as I was able to get the convention rate for a club level suite. The Beach Club is only a few minutes walk to Epcot which is another nice advantage.

The many days of company sponsored dinners and evening libations were unfriendly to my weight loss plan, and I confess I did little to avoid it. I did eat an Isagenix meal replacement bar for breakfast a couple of times, but that was more for the convenience of saving time in the morning than to control calories. I hate to admit that altogether I gained 15 pounds during the time I was gone. Some of that I expect to come off as fast as it went on, but the rest will take effort to remove. I have another trip coming up, and my present goal is to lose at least 10 pounds of the convention weight before I travel again. So far I'm on track to do that.

No comments: