Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Ein Prosit

Today we are taking off for Munich and Oktoberfest. This is the 3rd of three trips I referred to a while back and ties in with the Isar river reference. We expanded this trip to include a drive through Austria over to Grindelwald Switzerland at the base of the north face of the Eiger. I don't plan to do any mountain climbing while there but weather permitting I'm planning to ascend via the Jungfraubahn to the Jungfraujoch.

After Switzerland we return to Munich to experience Oktoberfest where it originated. Again I'm hoping for good weather. We've been very fortunate to have excellent weather on our previous trips this year. If we have time we'd like to do some Munich sightseeing as well. We've been there before but there are things we haven't seen and things we'd like to do again.

Danny owns a SPOT personal GPS device that tracks your location and displays it on a web page. He brought it with him to Ireland a couple of weeks ago and it was fun to follow his path around the country. He has lent it to me and I plan to carry it with me around Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and hopefully up to the Jungfraujoch.  If you're interested in following my progress, the web page is here: http://goo.gl/EkJUcH.

Auf Wiedersehen


No comments: