Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Bonjour

In my Around the World post, I hinted at some of the upcoming trips I have planned. Savvy readers recognized that the hints were the names of rivers near my destinations. The first of those is the Seine which is the 2nd longest river in France and cuts right through the middle of Paris. I am indeed headed to France on my first trip, and Paris is part of the itinerary.

I've been to France before, but the last time was in 2007, and I'm looking forward to my return. As a graduation gift, we are bringing my granddaughter on this trip. She already has some world travel experience, but this is her first trip to Paris so we will be revisiting many of the major attractions there. In addition we will make a two day side trip to Mont Saint-Michel and the beaches of Normandy which I have not seen before. The trip is coming up soon so I think it's time to brush up my French.  Allons-y!

No comments: