Monday, March 27, 2017

Singapore Farewell

Monday was an early riser in order to get checked in and clear security in time for our 6 AM flight. I'm writing this long after the fact so I don't remember the details as well. We had treated ourselves to a business class upgrade on this trip so the flight was very comfortable.  The route was the reverse of the one coming and so included a stop at Hong Kong a few hours after takeoff. At Hong Kong we had to exit the plane, make a loop through security, then head to the boarding gate to re-board the same plane. As we were clearing security I realized I left my souvenir Singapore hat on the plane. I notified the first United agent I encountered and they said they'd call the gate to see if it was turned in by the cleaning crew. Unfortunately when we arrived to the gate I was told it was not found or turned in. I searched for it myself after re-boarding but to no avail.

The rest of the return trip was uneventful until we arrived at the gate in O'Hare. As we were making our way down the aisle to the exit door I realized I didn't have my wallet.  I went back to my seat and began searching the area and discovered it had fallen behind the seat when it was reclined. I could see it but I couldn't reach it. A helpful flight attendant came to my aid and was able to retrieve it for me.

We had a great trip to Singapore and Malaysia with lots of pictures and no real mishaps except for a lost hat. 😡  We both liked the city and would consider returning someday so maybe I'll get a souvenir eventually.

No comments: